Take the first step toward living with less pain
Whether the need is for relief from chronic joint pain or care for a sports-related or accident-related injury, at Ascension St. Vincent, our goal is to get you back to living with less pain. Our comprehensive and less invasive total joint care services range from imaging to joint pain education, specialized treatment, to physical therapy. We take the time to get to know you, to better understand you and your health so that we can provide the right orthopedic care for you.
If you and your doctor decide that surgery is right for you, Ascension St. Vincent care teams work with you to support you throughout the entire process. Using the latest surgical techniques, we aim to get you back to the everyday activities you enjoy with less pain.
Do you need help managing your Osteoarthritis?
Take a Joint Health Assessment.
New Robot-assisted hip and knee surgery
Ascension St. Vincent offers patients an innovative approach to hip and knee replacements with potential for less pain and faster recovery times.
With the goal of helping patients achieve improved mobility and decreased pain during the activities they most enjoy, Ascension St. Vincent Fishers and Ascension St. Vincent Orthopedic Hospital in Evansville now offer robotic arm-assisted technology for hip and knee replacements – an innovative new approach for the way joint replacements are performed.
While robotic-assisted approaches have been used for quite some time to address hernia repairs and the removal of gall bladders and cancerous tumors, this development marks a new application where robotic arm-assisted technology is now being used help bring relief for patients experiencing hip and knee pain. Ascension St. Vincent is now proud to offer the robotic arm-assisted technology as an option to individuals seeking total hip replacement, total knee replacement and partial knee replacement.
How does this robotic arm-assisted technology work for hip and knee replacements?
- Surgeon-controlled system. With this system, the orthopedic surgeon remains in control of the robotic-arm during the entire procedure, which creates an additional safeguard for patients.
- Tailormade approach for each patient. This robotic arm-assisted system uses data from CT scans in advance of an operation to develop a three-dimensional pre-operative plan and tailormade implant alignment and positioning unique to each patient’s anatomy.
- Detailed feedback for precise results. The system provides detailed, real-time feedback to the surgeon during the operation, which helps to enhance surgical precision.
What are the potential patient benefits of this new robot-assisted approach? Patients may experience the benefits of:
- Improved surgical outcomes
- Less post-operative pain
- Faster recovery
- Greater precision in alignment and placement of joint implant
- More “natural” joint movement
- Improved joint flexibility and implant durability
- Lower incidence for follow-up surgeries
HEAR FROM PATIENTS LIKE YOU
About St. Vincent
St. Vincent is part of Ascension – the largest nonprofit health system in the U.S. and the world’s largest Catholic health system – whose shared mission is to care for the body, mind and spirit of those we serve. St. Vincent is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to those who are most vulnerable. Our unique integrated healthcare system is designed to make accessible the best care possible to the communities we serve. As a part of Ascension, St. Vincent is able to connect all aspects of your physical, spiritual and emotional health and wellness. By connecting the care we provide, it allows patients and communities to better access care and navigate health needs. You’ll experience caregivers who listen, understand, respect and act on your needs.