What are some warning signs of possible pregnancy complications?
Certain signs should be reported to your healthcare provider right away during any stage of the pregnancy. These include the following:
- Bleeding or leaking fluid from the vagina
- Blurry or impaired vision
- Unusual or severe stomach pain or backaches
- Frequent, severe, and/or constant headaches
- Contractions, where your stomach muscles tighten, before 37 weeks that happen every 10 minutes or more often
- Decrease in baby's movements after 28 weeks
- Excessive vomiting and diarrhea
- Fever or chills
- Pain or burning with urination
- Swelling of face, fingers, and feet
- Inability to tolerate foods or liquids
- Muscular convulsions
- Have thoughts of harming yourself or your baby
Online Medical Reviewer: Burd, Irina, MD, PhD
Online Medical Reviewer: Goode, Paula, RN, BSN, MSN
Date Last Reviewed: 12/1/2017
© 2000-2018 The StayWell Company, LLC. 800 Township Line Road, Yardley, PA 19067. All rights reserved. This information is not intended as a substitute for professional medical care. Always follow your healthcare professional's instructions.
Copyright © 2018 The StayWell Company, LLC. except where otherwise noted.
About StayWell | StayWell Disclaimer
This material is from a third party. It might discuss treatments and behaviors that Ascension does not support because of our Catholic Identity and moral commitments. If you have religious concerns about the information, you should discuss them with your clergy or spiritual advisor.